Chin Up is a memoir of my health experiences – what happened to me at the age of 24 and what went wrong over the next 12 years, then the long process of fixing myself and the astonishing things I discovered.
I published it as a series of daily blog posts over a period of two weeks December 2020-January 2021. The first half gives context to what I did and how I find myself where I am now. Thanks for reading! Please do comment and share.
- The doing: MS diagnosis
- The doing: Interferon beta-1a (Avonex)
- The doing: Intermittent self-catheterisation
- The undoing: Avonex – the decision to stop
- The undoing: Interferon be gone 2013–2015
- Revelations: It’s not MS
- Revelations: Fungal overgrowth, blocked lymph, and a busted ankle
- The undoing: The day-to-day process
- The undoing: Biomechanical rehabilitation
- The undoing: Toilet taboos
- The undoing: Feelings
- Rewriting the past
- Moving on